Skip to main content

Public records -- Wisconsin -- La Crosse

 Subject
Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings

Found in 70 Collections and/or Records:

La Crosse Fire Department Rules and Regulations

 Collection — Box MISC PR 1, Folder: 4
Identifier: MISC PR 004
Abstract

The La Crosse Fire Department Rules and Regulations (1896) collection is a 23 paged booklet outlining the rules and regulations for employees of the La Crosse Fire Department.

Dates: 1896

La Crosse Parks and Recreation Dept Records, additions

 Unprocessed Material — Multiple Containers
Identifier: 2020-032

La Crosse River Valley Study Public Documents

 Collection — Box MISC PR 1, Folder: 1
Identifier: MISC PR 001
Abstract These studies were conducted as a part of the proposed North-South Corridor to anticipate future traffic flow through La Crosse and include materials compiled and researched by the La Crosse River Valley Study to assess the La Crosse River valley's ecosystem (flora and fauna) within a municipal region.Reports included are: a comprehensive land use study (1988), wetland types and acreage reference map, property ownership-land use zoning-utilities inventory, natural resource...
Dates: 1988-1992

La Crosse (Wis.). American Revolution Bicentennial Commission Membership Lists and Meeting Minutes

 Collection — Box MISC PR 2, Folder: 4
Identifier: MISC PR 009
Abstract

The La Crosse (Wis.). American Revolution Bicentennial Commission Membership Lists and Meeting Minutes (1973-1976) collection includes membership lists and meeting minutes created by the La Crosse American Revolution Bicentennial Commission during the bicentennial celebration of the American Revolution. In particular, there is substantial information regarding a community time capsule scheduled to be opened in 2076.

Dates: 1973-1976

La Crosse (Wis.). Common Council Miscellaneous Applications for Licenses

 Collection — Box MISC PR 3, Folder: 3
Identifier: MISC PR 013
Abstract

La Crosse (Wis.) Common Council Miscellaneous Applications for Licenses (1885-1900) collection includes one application for a wholesale license submitted by Erik Throstad (1885), one application submitted by Raymond Tausche for a saloon license (1892), and one application for a saloon license submitted by C. & J. Michel Brewing Co. (1900).

Dates: 1885-1900

La Crosse (Wis.). Common Council Miscellaneous Paid Bills

 Collection — Box MISC PR 3, Folder: 2
Identifier: MISC PR 012
Abstract

La Crosse (Wis.). Common Council Miscellaneous Paid Bills (1861-1909) collection includes an assortment of receipts paid out by the City of La Crosse's Common Council.

Dates: 1861-1909

La Crosse (Wis.). Common Council Oaths of Office

 Collection — Box MISC PR 3, Folder: 4
Identifier: MISC PR 014
Abstract

The La Crosse (Wis.) Common Council Oaths of Office, 1856, collection includes the written oaths of office for the members of the City of La Crosse Common Council for the year, 1856. In addtion, there is a small written history about the founding of La Crosse's city government in 1856.

Dates: 1856

La Crosse (Wis.) Legal Department's Decision Regarding the Naming of Veterans Memorial Stadium

 Collection — Box MISC PR 5, Folder: 2
Identifier: MISC PR 022
Abstract

The City of La Crosse Attorney Patrick J. Houllihan's legal decision regarding the controversial naming/renaming of Veterans Memorial Stadium, which contains documents dated January 27, 2003.

Dates: 2003

La Crosse (Wis.). Proceedings of the Common Council

 Collection — Box MISC PR 2, Folder: 5
Identifier: MISC PR 010
Abstract

The La Crosse (Wis.). Proceedings of the Common Council (1920-1921) collection includes one book (342 pages) which contains a synopsis of the proceedings of the Common Council of the City of La Crosse, Wis.

Dates: 1920-1921

La Crosse, Wisconsin, Bridge Engineer Records

 Record Group
Identifier: La Crosse Series 044
Abstract Directed by the Board of Public Works, the bridge engineer was responsible for operating the drawbridge/swinging span mechanism on the municipal Mississippi River wagon bridge. This bridge was in use from 1891-1939 and was built and maintained by the City of La Crosse (Wis.).These records date from 1901-1939 and list river traffic, mainly steamboats and barges, that required the swinging span to be opened. Information included in these records are the name of and the time the...
Dates: 1901-1939