Skip to main content

Abstracts of title -- Wisconsin -- La Crosse

 Subject
Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings

Found in 9 Collections and/or Records:

Abstract of Title for the Durand and Hills Addition to the City of La Crosse

 Collection — Box MISC 6, Folder: 9
Identifier: MISC MSS 050
Abstract

Abstract of title for the Durand and Hills Additions to the City of La Crosse, 1908 June 10.

Dates: 1908 June 10

La Crosse County Title Company Records,

 Collection
Identifier: MSS L
Abstract Records of La Crosse County Title Company, 1856-1930, consists of title abstracts for the City of La Crosse, La Crosse County, and some neighboring areas. Some historical information on the La Crosse Title Company is also included. An index to land titles is included in the register.The La Crosse County Title Company was incorporated in 1931 with Josiah Pettingill as president and major stockholder. He served previously in a number of county offices, including county clerk, and...
Dates: 1856-1890

Leonard R. Chojnacki Papers

 Collection — Box MISC 40, Folder: 7-8
Identifier: MISC MSS 234
Abstract The Leonard R. Chojnacki Papers include correspondence, newspaper clippings, photographs, title abstracts, and an assortment of other items, including: cemetery certificate for Peter Denney (1905); U. S. Army discharge papers for Paul H. Schaffer (1945); birth certificate for Marion Grace Garrihee (1908); marriage certificate for James Kenyon and Julia Wanke (1938); and an Oak Grove cemetery deed for Adolph Petrick (1917). Chojnacki was a municipal court judge in La Crosse, Wisconsin, and...
Dates: 1905-1984

Property Abstract and Title for Colonial Golf Course, La Crosse, Wisconsin

 Collection — Box MISC 21, Folder: 4
Identifier: MISC MSS 191
Abstract

Title and property abstract (prepared in 1947) for the property that at one time contained the Colonial Golf Course in La Crosse, Wisconsin. In 1946, this property became the Robinsdale Addition within the Town of Shelby. Also included is a summary (written in 2004) documenting the chain of ownership for this land.

Dates: 1947, 2004

Property Abstract for 127 11th Street South, La Crosse, Wisconsin

 Collection — Box MISC 59, Folder: 5
Identifier: MISC MSS 279
Abstract

The original property abstract for 127 11th Street South in La Crosse, Wisconsin, as written in 1964, along with a separate copy of a warranty deed for 1964 and some copies of Campbell family obituaries. The home was purchased by Betty L. and Vernon D. Kendrick in 1964 and sold in 2008. The legal description is lot 74 of block 14 of Overbaugh and Burns Addition to the City of La Crosse.

Dates: 1864-1964; Majority of material found within 1950 - 1964

Property Abstract for 1411 Adams Street, La Crosse, Wisconsin

 Collection — Box MISC 26, Folder: 6
Identifier: MISC MSS 211
Abstract

Photocopy of property abstract for 1411 Adams Street in La Crosse, Wisconsin as completed in 1984.

Dates: 1984

Property Abstract of 933 Rose Street, La Crosse, Wisconsin

 Collection — Box MISC 21, Folder: 3
Identifier: MISC MSS 190
Abstract

Photocopy of a property abstract for 933 Rose Street in La Crosse, Wisconsin, as written in 1983. This property is also known historically as the Dr. John L. Callahan house, and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Dr. Callahan commissioned the La Crosse architectural firm of Gustav Stoltze and Hugo Schick to build this Queen Anne-style house in 1894.

Dates: circa 1983

Title Abstract of 1124 Liberty Street, La Crosse, Wisconsin

 Collection — Box MISC 41, Folder: 10
Identifier: MISC MSS 243

Title Abstracts for 612 Ferry Street, La Crosse, Wisconsin

 Collection — Box MISC 8, Folder: 4
Identifier: MISC MSS 061
Abstract

Title abstracts for 612 Ferry Street, La Crosse, Wisconsin, 1959-1979. This house was originally the residence of Cadwallader C. Washburn.

Dates: 1959-1979